Tuesday, July 21, 2009

15 Books Meme

Apparently, I got tagged twice for a meme by DuWayne and Toaster. I'm supposed to list 15 books that have stuck with me or influenced me and I'm supposed to do this in under 15 minutes. Unlike the two jokers that tagged me, I actually managed to play by the rules.


  1. The Land of Oz - L. Frank Baum
  2. Metamorphoses - Ovid
  3. The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat - Oliver Sacks
  4. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams
  5. Dune - Frank Herbert
  6. The Demon Haunted World - Carl Sagan
  7. The Unbearable Lightness of Being - Milan Kundera
  8. The Myth of Sysiphus - Albert Camus
  9. The Plague - Albert Camus
  10. The Harry Potter series - JK Rowling
  11. The Lord of the Rings - JRR Tolkien
  12. The Silmarillion - JRR Tolkien
  13. Alice's Adventures In Wonderland - Lewis Carroll
  14. Euthyphro, Apology, Crito, Phaedo - Plato
  15. The Tombs of Atuan - Ursula K. Le Guin
Make what you will of this list. It may say something about me or it may just be a random collection of books. If you think it tells you that I'm a psycho killer or something, feel free to share.

As for tagging people: Hex, Eugenie, and PhysioProf.


UPDATE: There were never any typos and spelling mistakes here. NEVER. YOU WILL FORGET ABOUT EVER SEEING ANYTHING OF THAT SORT.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Apperantly"? "Rondom"?

Is this inebriation, or just you being you?

Anonymous said...

As usual, I'm a fucking scatterbrain; I wrote my post without actually reading either yours or Toaster's lists.

Toaster Sunshine said...

The Land of Oz sequels creeped me out. Seriously.

LostMarbles said...

The Land of Oz wasn't actually a creepy book. Ozma of Oz, on the other hand, was super-duper creeptastic and probably should have made the list simply for scaring the shit out of a young LostMarbles with head exchanging princesses. It didn't help seeing it all on TV with Return to Oz. That movie still freaks me out.

DuWayne Brayton said...

LHD -

I think it's a good thing to make the list cold...

Toaster -

I have to totes agree with LM - Ozma was the only one that creeped me out. And that would not have been an issue if the whole head exchanging princess hadn't been shown on the Tee Vee...

And my seven year old would argue voraciously with you, as he absolutely loves the sequels. More than The Wonderful Wizard of OZ even...

DuWayne Brayton said...

BTW - Unlike the two jokers that tagged me, I actually managed to play by the rules.

Apparently no one paid attention to my rewrite of the rules, breaking it out of FB...I implicitly stated that the list should be of the books that had the greatest impact, that you can list in fifteen minutes...

And you might be wondering why we have to fucking INVADE!!!!12!!!!1!

Anonymous said...

Camus only beat Kazantzakis for the Nobel by a single vote. just sayin'.