Friday, January 16, 2009

I should be asleep now, but....

I've been out drinking with friends tonight*, and here are some though from a brain transitioning from intoxication to moderate sobriety:

  • 20 below zero weather and drinking is not a fun combination. I wore so many layers of clothes that when I had to do my bathroom run I was worried that I'd burst before getting my wool tights off.
  • I love talking about science with people. I spent a large portion of my 30 minute taxi ride home talking to the cab driver about the cool research I do at work. I was a bit drunk and may have forgotten a few details, but it was fun.**
---

*If you're in Toronto and feel up for a drink sometime the University of Toronto Secular Alliance has pub nights every once in a while and you should check them out
** For some reason I often get into interesting conversation about my work or what I'm studying with complete strangers. I don't know why.

1 comment:

Eugenie said...

You too?! I was quite drunk last night... and I talked major science. (My vocab improves as my BAC increases...)